Are you confused about your child or teen's behavior, what it may mean, and how to best support them? Please join us for a discussion led by Cognitive Psychologist Alicia Farrell, PhD designed to provide practical guidance and tools you can apply to improve relationships and help kids learn to navigate their world in emotionally healthy ways.
Topics will include:
- A parent's role in building and maintaining a quality relationship with their child
- How to support problem solving and emotional regulation
- Navigating struggles as opportunities vs threats
- Recognizing the difference between stress and anxiety
- The effect of valuing performance over character how that breaks down social/emotional wellness and what you can do about it
- Practical tools to improve communication, connection, and conflict resolution
We are raising our children in complicated times. Please don’t miss this opportunity to learn how to better support your children with confidence and conviction.
Dr. Alicia Farrell is an accomplished cognitive psychologist, former university professor, national keynote speaker and founder of Clearview Consulting. Dr. Farrell’s mission is to help individuals, couples, families and organizations to find their strength and courage to make healthy decisions and changes in their lives and businesses. She is an expert at translating cutting-edge scientific research into practical everyday life.
free event is recommended for parents of PK-12th graders. All adults
and interested parties are welcome to attend. Brought to you by the
Wilton Youth Council in partnership with Wilton Library.
Registration required. Please register online or call 203-762-6334. For more information, contact email@example.com.